Shift Manager - Collections and Delivery
- Shift Pattern: 5 out of 7
- Working Pattern: Days - Weekend Working Included
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
We are currently recruiting for an Trainee Shift Manager, to help strengthen our depot operations team. This role will be based in our depot in Southall
In this role you will be working closely with our self employed Owner Drivers (OD’s) and Employed Drivers, building a strong relationship with them and keeping the drivers engaged, well managed and motivated to ensure outstanding service is delivered.
Other key accountabilities will be;
- Ensuring all delivery & collection routes are properly set and that driver’s scan and load their vans for delivery in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Maintaining on-going communication with drivers to resolve any issues
- Ensuring adequate resources are available to guarantee any ad-hoc collections are picked up either via your pool of drivers or by using couriers/agencies.
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation and systems are completed accurately and in line with company and/or legislative requirements
- Working to set Key Performance Indicators including Service, Cost, Productivity, Transport and Health and Safety.
What we’re looking for;
You will be in a fast paced operation with proven and demonstrable people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team, ideally within a Transport Setting. We would also expect:
- You will have strong communication skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and manage a team.
- Decisive and effective decision-making, problem resolution and time management skills.
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use Google chrome applications
- The ability to do comprehensive reporting, alongside analysis of data is a key requirement for this role.
- You will be highly vigilant to any unscrupulous activity taking swift and appropriate action.
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD where we will go through the key processes that are required to make you a successful Shift Manager
This role will require you to work mornings. Our depots operate 365 days a year, therefore you will be required to cover any 5 shifts, which will include weekend working.
A full UK driving licence is essential.
Your package will include a competitive salary and you will also be entitled to a competitive bonus scheme that is based on individual and company targets. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.