Corr Recruitment are looking for a Purchasing Assistant for one of our clients in Andover.
The purchasing assistant will need to be a team player and able to work under pressure. Have confidence both over the telephone and with face to face interactions.
- Raising purchase orders with suppliers.
- Chasing supplier’s outstanding orders.
- Liaise and work closely with internal departments within the company.
- Compare product deliveries and issues purchase orders and contact vendors when there are discrepancies.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, and delivery or invoice issues.
- Ensure supplier costing accuracy within AX system
- Work alongside finance department to resolve invoice / purchasing queries.
- Maintain records in a clear and concise manner.
- Relationship management - build positive and strong relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Learn and become a proficient user of AX ERP system.
- Be able to update stake holders in order progress.
- Work closely with inventory controller and area team leaders to ensure correct materials are ordered in a timely manner.
- Keep and update a log of all purchase requisitions.
- Obtain approval from Managing Director or selected deputy for sign off on all purchase orders.
- Prepare, check and maintain a critical material list ensuring that materials are available for production to avoid stoppages.
Starting Salary £20,000