Corr recruitment are working with a well-established client on the out skirts of Andover, our client is looking for a Production technician to join their growing team.
Salary: £20,000 up to £21,500 depending on experience
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Operate the plant and equipment (various levels of complexity), in order to mix, manufacture, transfer and pack product.
- Collect, accurately weighing and blending ingredients as per formulation as required with accurate labelling, note taking and record keeping.
- Handle/ manufacturing products and raw materials by complying with the information within the MSDS’s, risk and COSHH assessments.
- Use of manual handling equipment available for moving heavy ingredients e.g. product drums and packs.
- Maintain high levels of hygiene and housekeeping, observing company policies and operating ‘clean-as-you-go’ practices consistent with HACCP, GMP and general BRC requirements.
- Highlighting of out of spec items for remedial action.
- Ensure that when products are transferred to other Departments, they are in a suitable “fit for purpose” condition that meets the customer’s expectation.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- You will have a good level of numeracy and literacy
- Able to compound and pack materials
- You will be able to operate basic processes and equipment
- A good understanding of quality control systems
- An understanding of food hygiene
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- Operation of some detailed plant operations
- Experience of manufacturing processes
- Technical knowledge of production processes
- Technical understanding of complex equipment
If you are interested in this position and would like to discuss it further, please call Charlotte 01264 335 073