Corr Recruitment are looking for a competent HGV Technician for our client in Amesbury who is looking to grow and develop with a company as they grow their transport operation.
You will be joining a team and will be involved in building a brand new state of the art VMU, capable of completing all of our Transport Maintenance, this will be catering to their fleet of over 100 Trailers and maintaining our cabs.
You will operate a Tachograph bay with working bays which enables the maintenance and servicing of our modern fleet of vehicles and trailers.
- Maintain and repair the Company’s commercial fleet ensuring legal compliance.
- Carry out vehicle preventative maintenance inspection and servicing to a high standard.
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately, using computer-based diagnostic equipment
- Repair or replace broken or defective parts and resolve defects
- Tail lift maintenance and vehicle body work repairs, fabrication and basic welding processes
Applicants must have:
- Experience in a similar role with HGV trailer and tail lift maintenance experience is desirable
- Level 3 City & Guilds or BTECH National in HGV Motor Vehicle Engineering or equivalent UK recognised qualification
- UK Driving licence (HGV category an advantage)
- Must own standard tools - more specific tools will be provided
Hours: 4 on 4 off shift pattern working 12 hour shifts, 6.00am – 6.00pm