Corr Recruitment are currently hiring for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager for a one of the largest suppliers to UK retail of chilled own label and branded food due to expansion. Working alongside the senior management team, you will be responsible for devising and implementing the company's HSE policies and systems, and keeping up-to-date with relevant HSE legislation. The role is to establish and maintain a culture of safe, environmentally practices across the organisation. This role is based near Andover.
• To be the competent authority and subject matter expert on Health, Safety and Environment matters primarily for the business.
• To work with all departments to ensure the sites are compliant during audits and visits: meeting legal, trading agencies and customer standards and requirements
• Maintain ISO 14001 (Environmental) and 18001 (Health & Safety) accreditation for the site or their equivalents as decided by the company
• Produce a comprehensive set of KPI's and targets for health, safety and environment goals and review these regularly with the business to include committees and work groups/forums
• Develop and establish strategies to implement environmental initiatives and policies working with Sustainability Manager to support best practice and good public relations
• Work with line managers to control accidents, limit risks to the health of employees and visitors, and limit the exposure of the company to health and safety risks
• Conduct accident and RIDDORS related investigations and advising on prevention
• Conducting and reviewing risk assessments and safe work systems
• Welfare provision - first aid and DSE requests and supporting with occupational health risks/situations
What you will need to be sucessful
We are looking for someone with over 5 years post qualification experience within an H&S, E compliance function. An advantage would be experience of manufacturing and/or road haulage
Experienced in the implementation of HSE systems and policies, have strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to deliver training and presentations.
Working towards graduate Chartered membership of IOSH- Desirable
Minimum NEBOSH diploma diploma qualified or equivalent - Essential
Hours: FULL TIME (40)- 5 DAYS FLEXIBLE (some weekends where necessary)
This is a great opportunity to join a really successful food business in a really interesting and demanding role.
Health, Health and safety manager, Manager, Hse manager, Ehs manager, Health and safety officer, Health and safety advisor, Consultant, Senior Occupational health, AdviserAdministrator, Assurance manager, Coordinator, Engineer, Excellence manager, Health officer, Manager Officer, Program manager, Quality manager, Regional, Regional health, Safety manager, Safety officer, Sales executive.