Corr Recruitment are proud to be supporting their highly regarded client with their next important recruitment needs.
We are resourcing for a Food Technologist to join our client on a full time, permanent basis. This is a Monday to Friday role with very occasional weekend cover and additional hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Monitor the compliance of food safety
- Technical performance improvement
- Ensure all relevant policies, procedures and records are updated and implemented.
- Be responsible for enhancing in-house and supplier compliance (microbiology, processes, customer non-conformances) from raw material and manufacturer upwards to satisfy legal and customer requirements.
- Ensure, pesticide, microbiological, water nitrate and other necessary testing meet the required schedules to meet customer requirements and changes associated with them. Update the company schedules as required.
- Be key contact for microbiological and other required test results actions.
- Trend results and ensure appropriate reaction to adverse performance and drive improvements via preventative action plans.
- Support site during Internal and 3rd party audits
- the site and ensure any issues raised are closed effectively and in timely manner.
- Implement and maintain document control procedure. Ensuring all technical documents are kept up to date on company’s intranet system.
- Maintaining calibration of equipment on site.
- Approving new supplier in accordance with company’s procedures.
- Responsible for completing annual supplier risk assessments.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a technical role (desirable Fresh Produce environment)
- Proficiency with Microsoft office and database systems.
- Ability to adapt and drive improvements.
- Ability to analyse data and information, identify problems and trends.
- A degree in science
- HACCP qualification Level 3 or above
- Food Hygiene Training Level 3 or above
- Lead Auditor training
To discuss this role in more detail please call Charlotte at Corr Recruitment on 01264 335073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org