Chef De Partie
Reporting to Head Chef
The search is on to find a motivated and energetic chef to join our great team at Donnington Grove. Every day is different - serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon teas, dinner and often over 100 at large events when we are allowed to welcome back celebrations. So its vital that you'll help to make our customers feel great by cooking and serving meals freshly prepared from fresh ingredients.
What will I be doing?
- Cooking and presenting our great food to the Head Chef’s specification every time and ensuring a fast service
- Keeping our kitchen, tidy and well presented
- Knowing food hygiene and health & safety standards and making sure me and the team and are safe at all times
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality
- Supervising and training any commis working with you
- Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
How will I be measured?
- Observing me delivering excellent service
- Observing my speed and efficiency in preparing and delivering quality food to specification
- What customers, team customers or mystery customers tell us about me
- My attitude towards work and my colleagues
What qualifications, skills and experience do I need?
- Basic Food Hygiene desirable
- Experience of preparing and handling food
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong listening and collaboration skills
- Team player
- Great cooking skills
- A cool head
- An ability to delegate appropriately