Corr Recruitment are working in partnership with a popular Bistro/Cafe/Restaurant and we have a fantastic opportunity for a Catering Assistant or someone who is looking for the next step in the career as Junior Sous Chef.
- Help to create and maintain a close working relationship between FOH and BOH
- Be fully knowledgeable on all menu specifications and be fully trained on each section of the kitchen.
- Store and handle all food items accordingly
- Monitor consistency of storage, stock rotation, food quality and portion quality
- Monitor quality and standards of all supplier deliveries
- Manage your time effectively, always being punctual for all scheduled shifts and ensuring all daily shift duties are completed.
- Support the Head Chef and Sous Chef with preparing rotas and dishes in the absence of the Head Chef or Sous Chef.
- Report any complaints, accidents & incidents to the Head Chef/Sous Chef.
- Attend and contribute to pre and post shift briefings and to all staff meetings.
- Promote best practice within the kitchen and constantly look to improve processes and procedure.
- Ensure that Food safety and hygiene practices within the kitchen are of the highest possible standard. Ensuring that all daily and weekly checks are carried out as per the HACCP book.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Sous chef Chef Head chef Head Kitchen Location Commis chef Company Cook Independent Senior Catering Assistant