As the economy opens up again, see below the reaction from employers this month…
• Confidence in the economy improves : Employers confidence in the UK economy improved by 17 percentage points between May and June.
• Demand for temporary agency workers increases : Hiring intentions for temporary staff in the short term and medium term improved in June and are in positive territory. Demand for temporary workers is increasing.
• Short term demand for permanent staff positive : Employers intentions to hire permanent staff in the short term improved by 11 percentage points from May. It is now in positive territory.
• Medium term demand for permanent staff improves : Employers intentions to hire permanent staff in the medium term increased by 9 percentage points.
• Fewer businesses have spare capacity : 75% of employers said that they have little to no space capacity in their workforce in June.
Source: Information obtained from the REC.co.uk. 200 UK employers were surveyed across broad industry sectors and public/private split.
Get in touch
Do the above findings from the survey resonate with you and your business? Let us know.
Contact the team at Corr Recruitment to talk through how we can support your business, in both the short and long term, as the demand for labour starts to increase again over the coming months.