- Reference: DEPOT-SUPERVISOR
- Job Location: Andover
- Job Type: cpc depot driving regulations health and safety Logistics Supervisor tachograph
Corr Recruitment are currently seeking a Depot Supervisor to work with their well-established client in Andover.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with a Logistics and supervisory background with a very competitive package, bonus and holiday structure.
Main Scope of Role:
To support the Depot Manager to effectively and efficiently manage all aspects of the depot operation and the depot employees, to monitor and maintain full legal compliance with Health and Safety, environmental and drivers’ legislation and Company processes and procedures. To monitor and maintain continuous improvement practices whilst driving superior delivery performance.
Key Result Areas:
- To control all aspects of the satellite delivery function, including the scheduling of deliveries, allocation of loads, monitoring of delivery performance and maintenance of efficient delivery service in line with customer service targets.
- To efficiently manage resources to ensure that all deliveries are despatched in a punctual and cost-effective manner whilst maintaining budgetary targets, through appropriate allocation of routes, drivers and mates.
- To ensure successful delivery performance, through monitoring driver performance throughout the day and taking pro-active remedial action as necessary to achieve targets.
- To manage customer queries regarding failed deliveries in a courteous and professional manner and take prompt remedial action.
- To maintain above 99.5% Attributable Service Level through effective communication with all staff of expectations and targets.
- To promote the Company core values and behaviours.
- To ensure full compliance of the hand held terminal, usage, start time and 3-hour delivery adherence.
- Manage first stage disciplinary situations.
- To maintain accurate records on the L: Drive to provide clear, punctual and accurate reporting on key performance indicators to Depot Manager and senior management team.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Knowledge of industry legislation i.e. tachograph and driving hours regulations.
Basic awareness of health and safety legislation.
PC literate, particularly Microsoft Excel.
Driving licence essential.
Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-moving environment.
Experience of leading a small team would be advantageous.
Experience of working in customer-focused environment is key.
For more information please call Wendy on 01264 335073 or email email@example.com